// you’re reading...

A Personal Journey

Electronic Smoking: A Personal Journey

I started smoking when I was 16… I am now 27. If my math is correct, that means I have been smoking for about 11 years. Its certainly not something I proud of, yet it isn’t something I am ashamed of either. I enjoy smoking… in fact, I really enjoy smoking. It has been unfortunate then that tobacco smoking isn’t the healthiest life choice one could make and turns out to be rather annoying.

I could probably deal with the smoking if it weren’t for the awful smell, the smokers cough, protests by my peers, scornful looks, willful exclusion of oneself in social settings and the constant battle to find an ‘acceptable’ place to smoke. Being a smoker is difficult, so much so that a smoker’s true testament to tobacco is in the very fact they continue to smoke despite all the adversity to smoking found in today’s developed society.

So sure, despite all that I continued to smoke… for 11 years. Today, I am happy to announce that I still smoke but now I smoke without all of the annoyances known to the tobacco smoker and those around them. My peers no longer complain, I no longer stink and my smokers cough is no more… on top of it all, I can now smoke where I please without displeasing anyone else. Electronic smoking is truly the solution to the problems faced by both smokers and non-smokers alike. Social society at least, can quit dividing itself between smokers and non-smokers… all can co-exist again in the same venue.

So it is with much joy that I relay my experiences to you dear reader, the experience of evolving from tobacco smoking to electronic smoking is an enlightened one and feels much like a victory in compromise between one’s comforts and concern for one’s health and peers. The smokers evolution is a journey I recommend to any smoker, so it is my hope that such persons may benefit from my words here.

Since I find electronic smoking to be satisfying I think I will continue to smoke for quite sometime without all the fear and annonyance I felt when I smoked tobacco. So as long as it makes sense, you will find my experiences and reviews published at The Electronic Smokers Magazine for the benefit of all smokers looking to evolve into a modern smoker.

Future posts on this topic will be categorized as A Personal Journey.

Discussion

14 comments for “Electronic Smoking: A Personal Journey”

1. I am trying to write a paper for my music class. I know that smoking can be very harmfull to your health but I also know that it has had an influence on the voicesof many singers. I read that Nat King Cole would smoke three cigarettes before recording a song. My research on the internet has only turned up the negative
    aspects. I have wondered if blues phenom Jonny Lang was aided by his three pack a day habit. Louie
    Armstrong and Dionne Warwick definitely show the affects. Has your magazine written anything on this topic or could you direct me to a resource?

Posted by Mike Silverberg | November 5, 2008, 12:11 pm
  2. Mike, no we haven’t done anything on this topic but it does sound quite interesting. Thanks for pointing it out. In terms of resources, sadly we have none very notable at this time. Good luck with your research and if you would like us to syndicate it here, send it in! ;)

Posted by ESM Editor | November 5, 2008, 3:28 pm
  3. Well Ive been an E-Smoker for about 6 months now and I just want to throw a shout out to Crown7. Not only have they released there new HYDRO model which is awesome by the way but the customer service has yet to be matched. I have an Njoy as well and it definitely doesn’t even come close to my Crown7. These guys should be all over this thing. If you havn’t heard of them check them out.

Posted by Mike | December 3, 2008, 2:44 pm
  4. I don’t know about this e-cigarette. I am kinda spooked about trying it, I have been smoking Marlboros for over 20+ years and have tried to quit with patches, gum and everything except the getting shot by a tranquilizer. Will this work? Which one is the closest to my brand of cigarette? Do you feel the nicotine take effect in your brain so you can think and stay focused on tasks like a real cigarette? Can you use them with the patch? Maybe someone knows because I have tried everything. Death will make me quit, but I know that even after death, I will want to lit up in the afterlife…..I just know it.

Posted by Eric the Angry Smoker | December 29, 2008, 10:30 pm
  5. Eric, your mileage may vary but this has worked well for me and many others.

Yes, you do feel the nicotine for sure. I would not recommend using this with the patch.

GL!

Posted by ESM Editor | January 3, 2009, 3:18 pm
  6. How do we get in contact with you?

Posted by James | February 5, 2009, 11:10 pm
  7. For contact info, see: http://esmokersmag.com/about

Posted by ESM Editor | February 6, 2009, 4:10 pm
  8. Daemon,
    You never said what happened at the airport. Did you e-smoke on the plane?
    Also, have you heard about a clear/flavorless e-liquid? Know where I can find it?
    And what a great e-zine, why aren’t more folks posting?
    L

Posted by Loretta Medaglia | April 10, 2009, 6:52 am
  9. Hello Loretta,

I have e-smoked on planes, though, given terrorist fears, I smoke in the bathroom… and as you guessed it, e-cigarettes raise no alarms.

As for clear or flavorless e-liquid, I know of none and I am not even sure if that’s possible. However, what you may be looking for is regular (sometimes called Marlboro) flavor. For that, try: http://www.e-smokeytreats.com/product_p/e-liquid%20marlboro.htm

Thank you for your praise… your comment reminds me that I should write another personal journey post.

Also, I recommend the search feature at the top of the site… it typically pulls some great results to help you out ;)

GL!

Posted by ESM Editor | April 10, 2009, 8:38 am
  10. Thanks for the quick response. No, this is a nicotine liquid designed to add your own flavor to. Which could be very cool.

Posted by Loretta Medaglia | April 10, 2009, 10:09 am
  11. There is a flavorless eliquid on puresmoker.com

Posted by Kep28 | April 23, 2009, 9:57 pm
  12. Good thing that e-cigarettes have these limited amounts of nicotine which makes it less dangerous for smokers and eliminates the second-hand smoke as well. That’s true, flavors do enhance the product at the same time, making it much pleasurable than the traditional one.

Posted by VirtuSmoke | October 4, 2009, 11:29 pm
  13. I am new to electronic cigarettes. There are so many how do you know which ones really work? Help

Posted by BIGRED | November 21, 2009, 5:34 pm
  14. BIGRED, I like my EM4 also known as an M401. I like them because I do not have to refill carts, I can direct drip easily on to the atty.

Some guys have asked about how well it works for stopping smoking. My own personal view on these things is this…

They are a great alternative to having a real cig. So I still think of myself as a smoker, all those “I just fancy a smoke” times have been replaced with my e-cig. I have some real cigs for those “Wow! what a terrible day!” moments. This means some rare days I might smoke 1 or 2 real cigs, though the vast majority of times I smoke none at all. I really do not like real cigs any more, they just serve a purpose at really stressful times and that is all.

I am happy to live this way. It is almost like packing in smoking but not packing in at the same time. No stress and no will power needed for me. Anything that requires will power makes me want to smoke lol.

Posted by kondor | December 30, 2009, 6:29 pm