// you’re reading...

Asides

E-Cigarettes Beat the Smoking Ban in Nevada

Nevada’s indoor smoking ban went in to effect early last year and since then bar and tavern owners have been up in arms over it claiming they are losing business.

Now an alternative to the traditional cigarette may allow smokers to get their fix without breaking the law.

It is just like a real cigarette! It is really good, I like it,” explained smoker Rayna Zlateva when trying the electronic cigarette. It is technology’s answer to side step the no smoking ban in Nevada and filter out the harmful chemicals that go along with smoking tobacco.

As long as there is no tobacco in the product, it is not in violation of the Clean Indoor Air Act,” explained Stephanie Bethel from the Southern Nevada Health District.

(via KTVN ABC)

Discussion

16 comments for “E-Cigarettes Beat the Smoking Ban in Nevada”

1. [...] E-Smokers Mag: smoke indoors in Nevada [...]

Posted by diversions « Pigeon Soup | October 4, 2008, 3:54 pm
  2. I used it: It’s to tasteless/clear (I tried different juices in hope to find good one). I can’t breathe without the real stinking sig :( , but can use e-sig too for don’t going away while seating near computer. For now I have it as the second smoking habit.

Posted by Alex | October 15, 2008, 11:27 pm
  3. Torch cigarettes don’t have the cigar-type mouth piece, they look
    and feels like a traditional cig.
    My local hospitals, firefighters and bars are embracing them.
    Torch is safer, healthier, and smarter. Save 30-50% over current costs. My sales range from tattooed
    bikers, the club-set to an alzheimer grandma’s on oxygen.

Posted by Bonnie Lee | October 20, 2008, 7:16 am
  4. We have had some great press recently and the electronic cigarette is really taking off in the uk. We had WHO trying to stop companies making false claims about them. It has been all over the news and more and more organisations are taking them onboard.

Posted by Smart Smoker | November 9, 2008, 3:29 pm
  5. I have just purchased an Ecig from the internet and i think its a brilliant idea, and it encourages you to lesson the levels of nicotene over a period of time. This means you will then be using no nicotene or flavoured filters which will be great for your health. Now we shall see if governments want to TAX this!!!!

Posted by tina | November 15, 2008, 4:03 pm
  6. lol @ 1 cartridge = 1-2 packs.
    This sort of continuing mis-information is going turn customers away from that brand.

a pack-a-day smoker can expect to go through 2 – 3 cartridges at least, even though at $4 a pop for ruyans kind they might not want to.

Posted by K08 | November 17, 2008, 11:10 pm
  7. We are selling electronic Cigarettes electronic cigares and electronic pipes. Price for a kit is as low as $39.95 our cartridges are priced $0.89-$0.99 only. It is a great product that I am using myself in None Smoking place in Vegas.
    Check it out!

Posted by Ori | January 18, 2009, 12:57 pm
  8. You can actually buy nicotine juice and not have to worry about the refills, wasting the reusable plastic cartridges, and it comes out cheaper. It’s referred to as dripping. I will be unveiling affordable e-cigarettes and a variety of nicotine juices on my site once I find products/suppliers that are affordable and reliable. Stay tuned.

Posted by Carmelo Millan | February 24, 2009, 3:21 pm
  9. I just found out about E-cigarettes. I live in Arizona, they just raised the tobacco taxes here way to high. So, I’ve been looking for a cheaper way to keep my tobacco addiction. Now they want to step in a regulate E-cigarettes? Propylene glycol is in vaccines, inhalers, cosmetics, etc. They already know the health effects of inhaling it.

Big pharma pushes toxic vaccines,and flu shots on us, but freaks out over a much healthier way for us to get our nicotine? This has nothing to do with protecting our health. It has everything to do with total control over what we put in our bodies.

Toxins are OK only if FDA approved.

Nicotine actually protects the brain from Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and dementia.

Vaccines, and flu shots contain aluminum, which contributes to Alzheimer’s, and dementia.

I’m tired of this, and I’m mad as hell. It was unconstitutional of the government to single out a minority group, smokers, and tax them more than anyone else. Now they want to regulate a healthier way for us to keep our nicotine addiction? This is wrong, if we don’t stand up against this there will be no limit to what the government can regulate.

Posted by Vickie | June 13, 2009, 3:31 pm
  10. We agree Vickie!

Posted by ESM Editor | June 13, 2009, 3:55 pm
  11. Its great news

we are also in business of selling E-Cigarette

Electronic cigarette looks and feels like a real one, but its more than the real cigarette.

People are now shaking hand with the electronic cigarette rather than the real cigarette.

Thanks for the peoples who have given support to us and hope for more support in future also

buy your favorite e-cig only with

Regards
    Premier E-Cigarette

Posted by Smoking Everywhere | August 12, 2009, 11:31 pm
  12. Hope it clears in US……..

Posted by Electronic cigarette news | August 18, 2009, 2:37 am
  13. I work in a hospital which is soon going to non smoking anywhere on campus. The ecig has worked well for me, I don’t crave cigarettes and I smoked for 46 yrs. I never thought it would be this easy to quit smoking. I haven’t realized much savings yet as I smoke two or three filters per day but, it is nice not to have to go outside in sub-freezing weather to smoke.

Posted by ghardy | January 10, 2010, 12:59 am
  14. I’ve been using the e-cig for over 10 months now and have completely given up “real” cigs….I was a 2+ pack a day smoker and smoked for 41 years! E-cigs are a great alternative!

Posted by linda | January 24, 2010, 7:46 am
  15. I don’t know if anyone of you came across but has anyone tried Jasper&Jasper. I think they are the quality bunch. If anyone have tried it; lemme know. currently trying Greenie ones and already looking for a change.
    chk their site:
    jasperandjasper.com

Posted by Tahir | April 8, 2010, 9:58 am
  16. Yes e-liquid is a great way to save money on cartridges you just simply add a little bit to your cartridge each time and you are good to go! http://www.esmokeronline.com/ has over 70 flavors :)

Posted by e-liquid | June 12, 2010, 9:23 pm